What you get as part of our one-to-one support
Here are some key features of our one-to-one programming. We will discuss the options best suited for your child and family during and following your intake interview.
- Intake screening call for new students.
- Intake interview with family and student to assess scheduling, funding and other needs.
- Informal assessment (where warranted), review of any relevant educational documents (IEP, PsychEd, report cards) to determine learning needs and priorities.
- One-to-one instruction, tutoring, remedial support and homework support as well as explicit instruction (as determined by need) by experienced, specially trained instructors on school subjects and homework. Instructors may draw from our curricula options.
- Instructor can support with test preparation, note-taking, and study skills.
- TutorCruncher summary reports after each session.
- Learning Support Team observation and coaching of instructors.
Where warranted (to be determined in collaboration with families):
- Collaboration with specialists to support your child’s learning needs.
- Case management by LDS’s Learning Support Team, including BC Certified Teacher(s), as well as observation and coaching of instructors (average 2 hours per week).
- Remedial instruction in foundational skills (phonics, reading comprehension, math foundations, writing foundations). Instructors will draw from our curricula options.
- Mid term and end of term detailed reports.