This October, the Learning Disabilities Society invites you to join us as we #GoRedForDyslexia to help raise awareness for a condition that affects 20% of Canadians. To learn more about Dyslexia, click here.
What is Go Red?
Go Red is a global community of passionate individuals and organisations that campaign to promote literacy and a greater understanding of dyslexia. It is our hope that during dyslexia awareness month, we can encourage people to #GoRedForDyslexia.
The dreaded red, a color we’ve all seen throughout our education. The red marker used to highlight our mistakes is all too familiar for people with dyslexia around the world. Associations have chosen this color to take back its meaning and globally promote dyslexia awareness. Starting in Australia, this movement has grown worldwide with organisations from the UK, USA, and Canada all joining the campaign. Get involved and let’s go red to succeed with dyslexia.
How can you get involved?
As Dyslexia Awareness Month begins, we want to encourage our members to Go Red. We would love it if you could get on board with this global campaign and share your involvement on social media using the hashtag #GoRedForDyslexia. Here are some ways for you to show your support:
- Wear something red for the day. Strike your best pose and share via social media using the hashtag, #GoRedForDyslexia.
- Dance to a song in the #GoRedForDyslexia Spotify playlist.
- Change your profile photo using one of the #GoRedForDyslexia Facebook Frames.
- Display your line drawing creations throughout your home/school and share using #GoRedForDyslexia.
- Download #GoRedForDyslexia social graphics to share with your followers – don’t forget to pay it forward by tagging others to get involved!
- Make a donation! There are lots of charities and non-profit organizations that work to spread awareness and assist those with dyslexia. Here are a few:
- Keep an eye out for BC Place Stadium and Sails of Light to be lit up in red on October 22, thanks to our friends at Dyslexia Canada