What you get as part of our RISE Intensive Intervention program
Before the program begins:
- We will administer a formal assessment with your child using the Kaufman Test of Educational Achievement (KTEA3), which evaluates academic skills in reading, math, and written language, and identifies achievement gaps.
- Our Learning Support Team will review your existing educational documentation.
- Our Learning Support Team will work with our instructors to create Individualized, research-based programming to address your child’s learning needs.
During the program:
- Your child will enroll in either our July or August cohort (see detailed dates below).
- Each student will receive three hours of instruction each day in math, literacy, or both subjects for a total of 50 instruction hours.
- Hours of instruction will be from either 9am-12pm or 1-4pm Monday through Friday (your child will be scheduled in either a morning or afternoon block), with an independent, supervised 30 minute break within each instruction block.
- Our Learning Support Team will monitor progress in reading and math weekly using aimswebPLUS, an online assessment and reporting tool, and use informal measures to monitor spelling and writing progress.
After the program:
- You will receive a report on your child’s progress during the intervention program.
- Our Learning Support Team may make additional recommendations for enrichment activities, including potential ongoing one-to-one remedial instruction at one of our Centres or online via RISE at Home.